Pima Heart and Vascular is dedicated to the health and safety of our patients. We would like to take the opportunity to share with you the precautions and enhanced safety protocols in place at our practice in response to COVID-19.
Below are the measures we have in place presently:
- Telemedicine – All patients with office visits that do not require on-site testing are encouraged to utilize telehealth visits with their physician if they have the technology to do so. A dedicated telehealth voicemail is available for improved access to scheduling at (520) 838-2156.
- Triage – For patients coming to the clinic, we are triaging every person by assessing risk factors and taking temperatures prior to them entering our buildings. We are asking patients to return home and follow up with their primary care provider if they present with fever or answer yes to any of the questions. Triage staff are required to wear new gloves between each patient, use hand sanitizer between each patient, and a mask at all times.
- Masks – Universal masking is required for all providers, staff, and patients.
- Patient waiting – Given the increasing temperatures outside, we have opened our lobbies and moved seating around to practice social distancing. Patients are given the option to wait in their cars or outside until we are ready to room them.
- Sanitation measures – All surfaces that patients are in contact with are sanitized between every patient. This includes, but is not limited to doorknobs, counters, keyboards in exam rooms, exam beds, chairs, pens, etc. All staff work areas are sanitized frequently. It is mandatory for clinical staff to wash hands between every patient.
We are working hard to create a safe and secure environment for patients, our physicians and our staff.
We believe these measures mitigate exposure and reduce the potential spread of this virus within our environment and our community while continuing to address our responsibilities to ensure the best possible care.